Yorkshire Teaching School Alliance is looking to recruit 70 high quality School Direct candidates for the 2018 – 19 academic year across the following phases and subjects:
|UCAS CODE||SUBJECT||PLACES AVAILABLE||TRAINING PROVIDER|
|2WFQ||Maths||6||University of York|
|2WFJ||Biology||6||University of York|
|2WFK||Chemisty||6||University of York|
|2WFF||English||6||University of York|
|2WFP||History||6||University of York|
|2WFR||Physics||6||University of York|
|MFL||6||University of York|
|2WFS||Religious Education||5||Leeds Trinity University|
|2WFL||Computing||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y4P||Maths||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2WFN||Geography||6||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y4V||History||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|MFL||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y4W||Business Studies||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y58||Biology||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|36QR||English||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y53||Physics||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2Y54||Chemistry||3||Leeds Trinity University|
|2WFH||Art and Design||5||Leeds Beckett University|
|2WG5||Physical Education||2 (Fixed)||Leeds Beckett University|
We will be accepting applications from the 9th October 2018.
We are looking to recruit high calibre candidates who have the values, qualities and attributes needed to become outstanding teachers, with the drive and motivation to succeed.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a positive outlook and a sense of responsibility
- Can demonstrate a passion for working with, and making a difference to, the lives and development of young people, not just a passion for their subject
- Are patient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Have powers of reflection and strive to improve their own practice with openness to new ideas.
- Have an awareness of current educational issues
- Undergraduate degree in your chosen subject at 2.2 or above.
- It is important that you have a very strong understanding of the subject you wish to teach but if your degree subject does not completely link with the teaching subject, you may be eligible for a subject knowledge enhancement course.
- GCSE Grade Cs or above in English, Mathematics and Science.
- Applicants for Modern Foreign Languages must have a second language at A2 Level in addition to the degree.
- Applicants for Biology, Chemistry and Physics must have a second science subject at A2 Level in addition to the degree.
All applicants will also need to:
- Have recent experience of observing teaching in a secondary school. The School Experience Programme (SEP) is run by the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and offers places in secondary schools to anyone looking to teach a priority subject. It gives you the chance to watch lessons and see for yourself what it’s really like to be a teacher and allows you to draw on your own examples in your application and interview. Please visit the Get into Teaching website to register. Then you will then be able to specify your host school and your chosen subject. St Aidan’s Church of England High School is registered as offering places on the programme. http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/school-experience/sep.aspx. Yorkshire Teaching School Alliance will do all we can to offer places on the school experience programme in our partner schools.
- Have successfully completed or be registered to take the Professional Skills’ tests in Literacy and Numeracy. Information regarding this can be found at: education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/apply-for-teacher-training/skills-tests.aspx
- Complete a declaration regarding any criminal convictions, clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau regarding suitability to work with young people and a fitness to teach declaration